Followers

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Nostalgia: Nescafe Theme - 'Open Up'.

I don't really remembered in what year this commercial being played in our TV. I still stayed at Bukit Antarabangsa, my two roommates already married, and I stayed alone. I was in the depth of my financial abyss.

I still relied on RTM, TV3 and NTV7. So the year was probably 1999 or 2000. Astro certainly for the higher income class. I can't afford it. But this commercial was a nice song to hear. Whenever I hear "you can be rich, with no money to spend....." it always motivated me to stay alive, kicking, hoping and struggling.

I always managed to convince myself that falls was not meant forever. Someday, somehow, I will find a way to overcome it, and rise again.

That nostalgia motivates me to write this article. And with the song helped me to ease my pain through out that year. Listen....





2 comments:

Mek Na said...

Ish...nostalgik sungguh. Yang saya paling ingat tentang iklan nescafe ini ialah adik saya, yang masih di tadika, menyanyi korus. Oleh kerana dia tidak berapa fasih Bahasa Inggeris, korus "Open up, open up" menjadi "Oh penat, oh penat".

:-)

sri tribuana said...

Bila dgr semula, mmg bunyi mcm oh penat, oh penat. :)